As the recipient of the Auburn Plainsman Scholarship and the Mary Whitley award, I’ve worked as a reporter and as the online assistant editor for The Auburn Plainsman since Fall 2014. During my time, I’ve covered most topics, including:
- Event coverage, like homecoming parades, public speeches or public forums
- Food Issues, like the farm to table movement and gluten-free accommodations
- Reviews of performances like plays and musicals
- Personality Profiles on professors and award recipients
- Opinion pieces and special edition issues for our Fashion and Outdoor guides
I’ve also worked for the Auburn chapter of Her Campus, a national organization that has an online magazine written by college women for college women. In August 2015, I took over as the Social Media Director and served until May 2016. I am now the Social Media Advisor for Her Campus Auburn, which allows me to return to writing and incorporating multimedia elements into my stories.
As a student, I’ve had the opportunity to cover city council meetings, sporting events like Auburn Football and Auburn Soccer games. I’ve also had experience with taking my own photos, live-tweeting events and compiling multimedia elements for my stories using Storify.
A full list of my clips can be found here or on my Contently page.